We are dedicated to getting those cameras back in action by sharing our photography skills, experience and desire with like-minded people who wish to use photography for their business,
pleasure or to simply capture those special moments.
Our beginner’s photography course will focus primarily on helping you understand the manual settings on your DSLR camera, with a particular focus on portraiture, in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
Things to bring along…
- A DSLR camera – It is essential that you bring along a DSLR – If you’re unsure on this you can email me with your camera model and I will confirm whether your camera is suitable for the course
- A notepad and pen
- Camera batteries to last the day, and
- camera/battery charger
- A memory card, at least 8GB in size
- Full day of photography tuition (10:00-16:00)
- Practical and theoretical photography tuition
- Refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Sandwiches etc)
- Digital versions of content covered, this will be emailed to students after the course
What will I learn on the course?
- Menus and settings
- Introduction to White Balance
- Auto Focus and Focus Points
- Manual Focus
- Basics of RAW
- Aperture and shutter speed priority
- Manual mode
- Depth of Field
- Freezing and blurring motion
- Basics of composition
- Introduction to useful equipment
Where are the courses held?
Wivenhoe House, Colchester, Essex, CO4 3SQ