After 3 years at university, 2 years working in a London photography agency and currently 18 months along my journey of being a self employed photographer, it felt the right time to share my skills and experience with others.
I thought long and hard about the best way to do this and after discovering the brand new (and rather beautiful) education centre at The Beth Chatto Gardens, my mind was made up. I decided to offer two full-day photography courses for beginners.
So I’m taking a little time out to write this and let you know what you can expect on the day. Firstly, and most importantly, there will be tea and coffee available during the day so there is no need to worry about bringing a drink. However, you will need to bring a packed lunch to prevent those belly rumbles in the afternoon. So that is the important information covered, I shall now move onto discussing what I will cover throughout the day.
I wanted to cover the elements of photography that people come across not just in the industry but also for those who simply enjoy photography as a side hobby. I have split the course into 4 sections but I may well steer off this throughout the day (highly likely!) but it provides you with a rough idea of the kind of areas of photography that I will be focusing on:
- Helping you understand the manual settings on your DSLR camera.
- How to capture kids when they are in motion!
- How to take the perfect portrait.
- Tips and tricks of how to add another dimension to your photos and stand out from the crowd.
I wanted to make this course as accessible to everyone as it could possibly be so I have set an affordable fee of £80.00 per person and that price includes the following:
- Full day of photography tuition (10:00-16:00)
- Practical and theoretical photography tuition
- Digital versions of content covered, this will be emailed to students after the course
Each individual must bring the following with them on the day:
- A DSLR camera – It is essential that you bring along a DSLR – If you’re unsure on this you can email me with your camera model and I will confirm whether your camera is suitable for the course
- A notepad and pen
- Camera batteries to last the day, and camera/battery charger
- A memory card, at least 8GB in size
When is it and how can you book?
The two dates for this photography course are:
- Friday 22nd September 2017, 10:00-16:00
- Saturday 30th September 2017, 10:00-16:00
There will be no more than 15 individuals per group, so that I can be sure to give everyone enough time on the day. If the demand is high for this course then I will be putting on extra dates.
To book your place, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call me on +447867126747 with the course date that you would like to attend.
A £30 non-refundable deposit/booking fee is required to confirm your place; the remaining amount will be due 2 weeks prior to the course date. Alternatively you are welcome to pay the full amount of £80.00 upfront, should you wish to do so.
I am really excited to get going and hear how you all came to love photography too. I very much look forward to welcoming you on the course.